buglet in xc version xc+rz (latest version)

buglet in xc version xc+rz (latest version)

Post by christopher willia » Sun, 16 May 1993 18:44:01

the version of xc+rz i got had a slight bug.

line 391, of xcmain.c reads like this:

            if (!strchr(shell,"/")) {

it should read like this:

            if (!strchr(shell,'/')) {

from a cursory grep, it doesn't appear that this is the case
anywhere else in the source.

this bug manifested itself by a "failed exec!" message whenever
you tried to use '!', '! command', or '$ command'. because of
the double vs single quotes, shell was "/bin//bin/sh" at the
end of that particular block of code.

-cgw-,
proud owner of a MCC Linux 0.99.p8+ system only hours old

--

lead programmer/operator, university of north texas  made of dots and lines.

1. Q: How do I get from the latest stable kernel version to the latest prepatch version ?

Thanks.
It just struck me odd that the latest is 2.4.2 while the prepatches were
2.4.3 so I figured there must be something I missed in between (my logic
told me that a 2.4.3 patch would be against a 2.4.3 something ;-).

BTW, I haven't seen any announcements from Linus in this mailing list
regarding new versions, just the updates on the web site and Alan's release
notes saying he's merging with 2.4.3xx. Are those announcements being posted
somewhere else now ?

2. Help Linux Unarj Multiple Volume

3. Using rz with XC

4. Enterprise 3000 Maintenance Cost

5. ANNOUNCE: XC 3.0 + rz = AutoMagic Downloads

6. HELP: mounting remote FS, what am i doing wrong!?

7. which xntp (solaris version or the latest version) should be used

8. How to use the reducelv command in AIX 4.3.3

9. Need Latest Version of Linux CD-ROM Version

10. intel e1000 driver, why is the latest version 6.2.15 not in the latest kernel?

11. FAS and xc for SCO ODT 2.0 (sysV 3.2v4)

12. full name of xc?

13. DEL using xcomm XC