Linux-Activists Digest #396

Post by Patrick Sween » Sat, 24 Oct 1992 04:38:43

|       Does anybody know if there is Motif available for Linux ?
|
|       If not, are there any plans to port it ?
|
|       And most important: What will it cost ?

A cool package that is a motif look alike is Tk/Tcl by John Ousterhout at
UC Berkeley. The tk widget package and tcl compile under linux almost
directly out of the box (except for a few prototype changes). You can
obtain it via ftp from sprite.berkeley.edu. There are also Tk/Tcl tools at
barkley.berkeley.edu. I would highly recommend the XF package there (a
GUI builder which works with Tk/Tcl).

1. alt.uu.comp.os.linux.questions list.linux-activists.kernel list.linux-activists.serial list.linux-activists.problem-reports list.linux-activists.question

Problem: 8 Port Serial Card with one IRQ for all Port does not work any longer
=======  with Linux 0.99.13 (worked with 0.99.10)

Hi,

I have a strange Problem with my MOXA 8 Port Serial Card - it used to work
fine with 99.10 - all 8 ports were detected automatically without any changes
to the Kernel.

With PL13 the card is not detected at all. I tried to track down the Problem
and compiled the IRQ (9) into the driver. Now the 16450 Chips are found with
correct Adresses.

Since I am able to send out characters on those 8 tty's - but not to *receive*
any, I assume that the problem is with the Linux Interrupt Handler.

Could somebody give me a hint or explain to me what has changed to IRQ
handling since PL10 ?

Thanks in Advance,
Frieder

--
Frieder Loeffler (DG1SEK), Allmandring 20c03, 70569 Stuttgart-Vaihingen, Germany
                   Phone (voice): 0711-6770638, 07145-7455 (Q)

2. NO FMT IN TRAPD.CONF

3. linux for 196 or 396 chips

4. Kernel Change Summary 1.3.67

5. Linux-Activists Digest #160

6. CAM Drivers

7. Linux-Activists Digest #102

8. EMERGENCY BOOT FLOPPY DISK SET: DOES IT RUN ????

9. Linux-Activists Digest #469

10. Linux-Activists Digest #416

11. Linux-Activists Digest #325

12. Linux-Activists Digest #306