Problems with Xtoolkit

Post by Hannes Heckn » Wed, 04 Nov 1992 04:11:52

Hi Linux-freaks,

I have got big problems with programming under Xtoolkit. I wanted
to learn something about Xtoolkit programming using the book
X Window System Toolkit (Asente).
In the very first chapter the author introduces some simple
Xtoolkit programm (goodbye world) which uses the Pushbutton widget
which I cannot find in any directory of my Linux (newest SLS package)

Any help very appreciated

Hannes

Problems with Xtoolkit

Post by M. Sagg » Wed, 04 Nov 1992 12:03:43

HH> Hi Linux-freaks,

HH> I have got big problems with programming under Xtoolkit. I wanted
HH> to learn something about Xtoolkit programming using the book
HH> X Window System Toolkit (Asente).
HH> In the very first chapter the author introduces some simple
HH> Xtoolkit programm (goodbye world) which uses the Pushbutton widget
HH> which I cannot find in any directory of my Linux (newest SLS package)

HH> Any help very appreciated

The authors use widgets that are not part of the standard X
distribution. Actually, the whole book is pretty much independent of
the widget-set. For the particular example you're referring to,
substitute the athena command widget for the pushbutton widget and you
should be alright.

--
/M. Saggaf

Problems with Xtoolkit

Post by Jim Stewa » Wed, 04 Nov 1992 17:21:40

Quote:>Hi Linux-freaks,

>I have got big problems with programming under Xtoolkit. I wanted
>to learn something about Xtoolkit programming using the book
>X Window System Toolkit (Asente). ... [text deleted]...

You might want to look on export.lcs.mit.edu in the contrib directory.
The code examples, including Asente+Swick' widgets and code fragments
are there... It beats typing 'em in...

js  who_thanks_Paul_Asente_and_Ralph_Swick_a_bunch