I am a frist time ......How to start X Windows?

I am a frist time ......How to start X Windows?

Post by Davi » Mon, 12 Mar 2001 16:36:19

If X is installed and configured then "startx" should do it.

When posting to a newsgroup it is always a good idea to mention which
distro you have. It can make a difference even with the same distro but
a different version.

ID # 123538
Completed more W/U's than 99.104% of seti users. +/- 0.01%

I am a frist time ......How to start X Windows?

Post by Lore » Mon, 12 Mar 2001 19:02:08

i use Redheat Linux7....

how to config x windows

Quote:

Post by Davi » Tue, 13 Mar 2001 03:01:34

> i use Redheat Linux7....

> how to config x windows

Run the command:  Xconfigurator
Unless redhat changed it in RH 7.

ID # 123538
Completed more W/U's than 99.104% of seti users. +/- 0.01%

1. 55 File Manager windows are starting every time I boot Solaris!!!!

I have no idea why this is happening, but yesterday I was trying to
eject the CD-Rom, and everything kinda froze up for me in Solaris. Then,
out of nowhere approximately 55 file manager windows came up!!!!!  It
took me about 5-6 minutes to get them all shut down because my system
was on its knees by then. Now, every time I boot into Solaris these same
55 windows open up automatically and I have no idea how to stop them!
I'm using CDE, as my desktop by the way. Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance....

Jim

2. Mozilla 1.4 on Solaris 9

3. Start an application in window environment at boot time

4. PPTP through FreeBSD

5. X Windows takes a LONG time to start

6. AHA-2940UW SCSI problems solved in 2.0.35

7. RH9: I need to start ADSL-START as root for the first time after boot ....

8. Tell diff between listening socket and regular?

9. Can subsystem start with startsrc be started at boot time?

10. how to make a program start each time xdm starts?

11. Starting X Windows on start up

12. Start a program at X-Window start?

13. How to start a program when a Window Manager is started ?