wd80x3 receiver overrun

Post by Dennis Robinson - Summer Inte » Sat, 24 Jul 1993 15:44:54

Earlier I posted about not getting my smc elite 16 to work
with the .99-6.  I got the tx light on the thing lighting up
now (because of config eth0 89.0.0.153), but I cannot ping,
telnet, ftp, etc out or in to the box.  Trying to
get out gives me a network unreachable error.
And trying to come in gives:

eth_if couldn't allocat ask_buffer size 256
eth_if : Receiver overrun

the tx light is flikering away with network activity.  I edited
the GNUmakefile giving I/O of 280 and IRQ of 10.

I edited Space.c defining :
<stuff deleted>
#define EI8390 0x280
<stuff deleted>

<stuff >
#define EI8390_IRQ 10
<stuff>

and

gave recieve memory start of 0xD0600 and end of 0xD40000
and gave memory start of 0xD0000 and end of 0xD3fff.

I also defined the irq and address in this structure.

If I am wrong anywhere or if I should just up to .99-10 and net-2 let me
know.

Dennis

Thank you linux community.

1. receiver ring buffer overrun?

At random times throughout the day I receive the following error message:
ed2 : warning - receiver ring buffer overrun

 I'm hooked up to a 10Mb/s ethernet...

 I was told by a linux user that it might be caused by the frames in the
packets being too big for the kernel to handle. That soiunds unlikely to
me, but I have no other clue what it might be.
 What's going wrong, and how can I fix it?
 (or at the very least what do I recompile with stdout redirected to
/dev/null if it's a useless error)

2. ISDN terminal adapter

3. Urgently need help with eth0: Receiver overrun problem

4. Question: What happens when a Terminal is powered-down?

5. NET-2 "eth0: Receiver overrun" & PC-NFS problem

6. ODARS ISP Server free for commercial/institutional ISPs/IPPs

7. eth0 receiver overrun!!

8. Sun EduSoft Portfolio

9. net-2 eth0 receiver overrun (can't find thread)

10. warning - receiver ring buffer overrun. ne4 fried?

11. last(b), CAD-sync, eth0 receiver overrun, root/boot disk

12. Help: vmunix:Receiver overrun