Backspace & Delete

Post by The Noate » Mon, 22 Jan 2001 23:13:05

Hey All,
Anyone know the scoop on getting backspace & delete to work on RH 6.2
I'm using Exceed to logon to the Linux machine over my home network.

Thanks,

Backspace & Delete

Post by Chris Ahlstro » Tue, 23 Jan 2001 01:55:53

> Hey All,
> Anyone know the scoop on getting backspace & delete to work on RH 6.2
> I'm using Exceed to logon to the Linux machine over my home network.

> Thanks,

I don't know, but you might find the answer in "man bash".

Chris

--
Flipping the Bozo bit at 400 MHz

Backspace & Delete

Post by The Noate » Tue, 23 Jan 2001 05:58:45

Chris,
The first three words of your reply tell me you wasted the other 16.
I realize you cannot assume that all people who post to this group have
taken the time to read the man pages.
But for your future reference, when you see anything posted from "The
Noatec" assume that I have and save your FTFM for the newbies who want
everything micr$oftized and handed to them.

> > Hey All,
> > Anyone know the scoop on getting backspace & delete to work on RH 6.2
> > I'm using Exceed to logon to the Linux machine over my home network.

> > Thanks,

> I don't know, but you might find the answer in "man bash".

> Chris

> --
> Flipping the Bozo bit at 400 MHz

1. Backspace & Delete

I've a question about the keyboard. When I want to delete a character behind
my cursor I can use backspace in the shell. But when I start X-Windows and
XTerm (I've already found that WTerm doesn't have this problem) I can't use
backspace and have to use delete. Why do I get strange char's on my screen
when I use this keys (also arrow up, left etc.)??? Is this a normal for UNIX
like OS'es or am I doing something wrong?

Thanx,
Matthias Pronk

2. power management?

3. How to get BACKSPACE & DELETE working with Emacs 19.29 under X?

4. ???: Connection Between ATX MotherBoard and CD-RW - Random Power Downs?????

5. backspace & delete - how to make them work

6. SMTP - Problem

7. Backspace & delete problems

8. Shadow rexecd

9. backspace does delete not backspace

10. how to set backspace as backspace, not delete?

11. Delete & Backspace key identical. What gives?

12. DELETE & BACKSPACE

13. delete & backspace