console trashed when exiting X - 8514 driver

console trashed when exiting X - 8514 driver

Post by Mike Kell » Wed, 19 May 1993 00:11:22

System:   486 DX266, 16 MByte + 16Mbyte swap
Graphics: ATI UltraProPlus, 1MByte
Linux:    SLS 1.01
Xserver:  most recent 8514scale

This is a new system on which I have just gotten X11 to work -- except
that when I exit windows my console consists of a dense array of
vertical lines.  Keyboard is active and I can blindly type "shutdown
-r now" to recover.

A quick browse through FAQ's and README's didn't point me towards the
cause/solution of this problem.  Any ideas?  Response by email is
preferred.

--
Mike Kelley
Bldg 220, Rm B206

1. OOOPS! -- console trashed when exiting X - 8514 driver

I posted the following note yesterday and just noticed that my mailer
got the "From" address wrong.  The "Reply-to" address is correct:

If any kind soul sent a reply which got bounced back, please resend to
the above address --

Thanks, Mike Kelley

System:   486 DX266, 16 MByte + 16Mbyte swap
Graphics: ATI UltraProPlus, 1MByte
Linux:    SLS 1.01
Xserver:  most recent 8514scale

This is a new system on which I have just gotten X11 to work -- except
that when I exit windows my console consists of a dense array of
vertical lines.  Keyboard is active and I can blindly type "shutdown
-r now" to recover.

A quick browse through FAQ's and README's didn't point me towards the
cause/solution of this problem.  Any ideas?  Response by email is
preferred.

--
Mike Kelley
Bldg 220, Rm B206
Gaithersburg, MD 20899
(301) 975-3722  FAX (301) 926-2746

2. What is Netgroups in the /etc/exports ???

3. XF86Setup trashes console video on exit...ideas?

4. SuSE 7.0 and Intel PRO/100+ doesn't work together!?

5. console unreadable after X exit/videomode on X exit problem

6. Real Player problems

7. SUCCESS using speedstar pro & IBM 8514

8. Fast-Wide SCSI Card for Linux??

9. Wanted: XF86Config for Diamond SpeedStar Pro 8514

10. IBM 8514 monitor running 1024x768

11. IBM 8514 monitor specs?

12. AIX PS/2 1.2.1 X on 8515 8514/A

13. BOOK WANTED: Graphics Programming for the 8514/A