SCSI disks

Post by 2034 » Wed, 05 Aug 1992 16:52:07

Hello linuxers,

I've been using linux for quite some time now, but I'm not been
able to use it the right way. I've got a TMC 1680 SCSI controller
and two hdisks. Setting the IRQ at 5 gives no trouble, but
to be able to work while writing to disk, the IRQ value must
at least be 8, but selecting IRQ 10 (or something > 8) does
not work anymore.

Cat it be that the two drives are conflicting with each other.
The first is a synchronous Quantum LPS240S, the second a
Seagate ST1096N asynchonous.

The rest of my configuration:

386 25MHz Opti chipset with AMI bios
8Mb of ram and a copro
An archive tapestreamer with controller board (removing does
  not help)
Biostar VGA card (with an ACER chipset)

Kees de Bruin,

1. SCSI disk prob (linux has disk sping down)

I have a machine that boots off of an IDE disk.  I have a scsi card
(no bios) that works fine with linux.  I have a 414meg hitachi
(problem disk) and a 989meg Seagate.  On bootup, it detests both
drives, but as soon as it detects the Hitachi, I can hear the disk
spin down.  Then I get a message that says it is waiting for the disk
to spin up.  It will sit there forever.  If I remove that disk, the
machine won't boot, complaining of a fsck'ing error.

Please help
Tad
*To mail me, leave nospam in my e-mail address*

2. Setgid Question

3. RS6000/320: SCSI Pinout/external SCSI disk

4. modem

5. 9Gbyte SCSI disc as boot disc with 1106 cylinders

6. chroot'd FTP user can access system files via cgi

7. DUMP works for SCSI disks but not IDE disk???

8. Samba Redhat 8 Windows XP

9. SCSI disk drive geometry limits hard disk choices?

10. PROBLEM: drivers/scsi/sd.c - Incorrect Reporting of Blocks and Capacity of Large SCSI Disk Arrays

11. Creating a bootable Disk from a removable SCSI Disk

12. Moved SCSI card/devices to new box, can't mount SCSI disk

13. SCSI disk from XENIX system with 1542 controller has strange errors on OS5 with 2940UW SCSI