Xload not finding needed file

Post by Da Hubster! » Fri, 30 Oct 1992 18:29:59

I was trying to run xload and I got the foloowing error

xload: cannot get name list from /usr/src/linux/tools/system

can any one tell me what the contents of said file should
be to make this thing work...

THANKS!!!
--
ADIOS!!!!!!                                            -----------------------
                                                      | Da  Hubster!!!        |

                                                       -----------------------

Xload not finding needed file

Post by Joost Helbe » Tue, 03 Nov 1992 17:11:56

:
:
: I was trying to run xload and I got the foloowing error
:
: xload: cannot get name list from /usr/src/linux/tools/system
:
This file is the generated operating system, before it is stripped down
to the file /usr/src/linux/Image, this file is booted from.
So just type:
cd /usr/src/linux
make
and wait for 15 to 30 minutes (hardware dependent) and type
xload &

You're not gonna tell me that you dont have any source! That is
seriously offending the intentions of the GNU copyright, please
enjoy having the source on-line!

(I've experienced the problem too, I'll make a patch for that,
its pretty easy, just like the ps -U option)

--
   Joost Helberg                                Rijnzathe 6

   Oracle Europe BV                             Product Line Development
   Phone: +31 3406 94211                        Fax:   +31 3406 65609

1. GoodStuff and 'xload', how to get xload lying IN Goodstuff

Hi,

I'm making a goodstuff buttonbar at the moment. I saw at the fvwm
web-pages a couple of examples of how it could look. I'm now wondering
how they get the program 'xload' sinking in the buttonbar. Ok i got it
swallowed by goodstuff. But now it's lying on the buttonbar, and i
want it sinking in it. (i.e. a nice border around it).
Please can someone tell me how to achieve this.

sincerly,

Joel Wijngaarde

Ps. How can you get the horizontal lines in the xload program?

2. Problem with GNU tar

3. Where to find an xload with xmem?

4. screen resolution to change dinamically

5. How to find out if a file is a binary file or not

6. problems with samba

7. mod_put, PHP, Apache says "file not found" with .phtml files

8. Deleting files

9. Need to find vi command to remove ^H from command man find > find.txt

10. xload needed!

11. - Two questions: find files with specific permission, find files that belong to..

12. xload from procps-0.99 not working!

13. xload - can't open kvm files