sh error with bootsys3

Post by Pramod Charles Jo » Thu, 25 Feb 1993 10:33:05

Hi
        I just installed bootsys 3 and I get this message after every line

sh : child setpgid(xxx to yyy) error1: operation not permitted.

Any idea on how to remedy this ?

Pramod JOhn

1. sh Xinstall.sh -check error

I am a Linux newbie and I am encountering difficulties with the
command sh Xinstall.sh -check prior to upgrading to Xfree86 4.1.

The output of the above command tells me about four things - i686,
kernel (2.2.14) etc. - but it doesn't tell me about libc or binary
name distribution. It crashes with the libc check.

Is this a problem with downloading the Xinstall.sh file? I have
followed others' advice to download Xinstall.bin, renaming it to
Xinstall.sh, but the "error" remains.

I am using IE 5.5 to download the file to my Windows partition. My
Linux installation is Caldera OpenLinux eDesktop 2.4.

Any suggestions to fix the problem will be gratefully received.

Myles

2. Umax Astra 610P scaner driver?

3. sh error message -> sh: 6919 memory fault

4. How are zone protected from each other?

5. Execute a sh script under perl and sh: sh script; perl script?

6. pcihpview 0.3

7. ANNOUNCE: bootsys3.taz - Complete SYSV boot env with added bells : -)

8. OK SECURITY BULLETINS CAN BE FOUND AT:

9. strange sh errors in Apache error log

10. root's shell, /sbin/sh, /bin/sh and /usr/ksh

11. #!/bin/sh #!/usr/bin/sh can I do both for 2 diff machines

12. ASCII 128-255 in sh script: sh strips bit 7!!!

13. sh var -> awk var -> sh var