postrotate script. errror running it.

Post by Larry Clar » Wed, 25 Apr 2001 05:14:08

ok this is a continuem of the logs not logging thread. what is the
problem with this error:
error running postrotate script."

1. error running postrotate script...help!!!

I have been getting the following error on one of my machines, and can't
figure out how to fix it. it is, my firewall. I have another machine
that logs everything just fine. I have used the syslog.conf from the
good machine and the syslog script from /etc/rc.d/init.d/syslog as well
from the good machine in the bad machine, to try to get it to work as
well... no luck, I am hopeing I didn't get hacked and it won't log
logins.anyway any help would be greatly appreciated in getting the log
files logging again.

errors occured while rotating /var/log/secure

syslogd: no process killed
error running postrotate script

2. Tekram SCSI and Kernel 2.0.33 ???

3. It`s IMPORTANT!!!

4. Anomalies with disktab and disklabel commands! disktab is RS in 2.2

5. Please Help....it′s a very small thing!!!!.PLEASE

6. ISDN and Linux

7. Help me !!!!!! I have no Idea it′s crucial

8. Invalid compressed format

9. It`s IMPORTANT!!!

10. Incomplete output from crontab email: running shell scripts from a perl script

11. How to run .profile to ensure cron runs script?

12. Running scripts using variables in a parent script

13. script that run a sql script