LILO gives weird errors! Prize to winner!

LILO gives weird errors! Prize to winner!

Post by CHRISTIAN D. ARMO » Thu, 29 Jul 1993 16:36:21

Since I killed my Linux system by naively doing a 'make zlilo'
when upgrading the kernel, I've been trying to put back a more
stable Image (that is, one that boots and which I have backed
up).  Using the SLS root disk to boot and mount everything,
I have been able to get nothing out of LILO except this:

"Sorry, don't know how to handle device 0x0101"

Yeah, really helpful.  Anyway, if anyone knows precisely what
is happening, I'd love to hear from you.  I'll make an offering
to the GNU Gods in your name.

cak
Geekium Rex

1. LILO gives weird error... out of the blue

Upon installing a second hard drive, I thought it would be best to install
LILO on the master drive, /dev/hda, but install the root filesystem and kernel
image onto the slave drive, /dev/hdb.  After recompiling the kernel for
my new filesystem, I attempted to reinstall LILO using this approach.
The error I get is :

open prompt : no such file or directory.

What gives?

Ruffin

Linux: This isn't you're father's operating system.

2. /dev/nvram

3. Recompiled Kernel gives weird socket errors -- help?

4. KDE logout / shutdown hang (logs file)

5. Weird Lilo error (was Re: can't install 2.2.19 kernel)

6. Bob Mastors? (Author of Genman?)

7. Weird LILO error message.

8. Problems configuring Afterstep 1.4 and XDoom

9. lilo running is giving the following lines as error..

10. LILO gives error 0x09

11. Linux gives me an error in Lilo & Boot disk

12. Red Hat LILO gives error trying to install to MBR!!!

13. lilo give me an error 0x01???