login shell-init permission problem

Post by Gert van der Zw » Wed, 25 Aug 1993 22:58:37

error messages when not loging in as "root":

shell-init: Permission denied
pwd: Permission denied
: Permission denied

any suggestion as to solve this would be welcome.

1. shell-init: Permission denied problems

Hello,

I recently installed the latest version of SLS (1.03) and have been getting
the following message whenever I try to bring up an xterm from the workspace/
desktop menu:

shell-init: Permission denied.

Then, whenever I enter any command in that xterm, I keep getting the same
message. To get a working xterm I have to start it by "hand" from the command
line.

Has anybody else had the same problem? If so, please post to this group, or
e-mail to me directly.

Thanks in advance!

Chris.

2. Yahoo Messenger for Linux now gives a segmentation fault

3. shell-init permission denied

4. Oracle and Asyncronous I/O

5. URGENT: shell-init: permission denied

6. Two DE-220, what do i do?

7. printing problem - shell-init:

8. KPPP won′t connect to ISP correctly

9. Apache 1.3.0 and CGI shell-init problems

10. shell-init problems

11. shell-init problems with Bash

12. login: no shell: permission denied????

13. su & bash shell : can't login : permission denid