libc-4.4.1 problems

Post by Robin Grindl » Sat, 24 Jul 1993 23:52:33

OK, so i followed all of the release notes. I put in tools 2.7.5. I got
gcc 2.4.3, and i tried to compile linux .99.10, but xtract keeps getting
SEGV's. Then ld started getting the same. After some GDB'ing, i found that
things were dying in the __do_fixups of __load.c at line 362. The
xpnt->list is a NULL pointer. Now unfortunately i was not swift enough to
save *all* of my old libraries, as i assumed this update would work.

Does someone understand why this is happening, and do i have to go all the
way back?

Please e-mail response, for who can be bothered with this group any more?
(i.e. other than the people who hopefully read this message :I)

--
robin

                iNSANITY - It's only a state of mind

libc-4.4.1 problems

Post by James Fidell (x53 » Sun, 25 Jul 1993 01:01:01

Quote:

> Please e-mail response, for who can be bothered with this group any more?
> (i.e. other than the people who hopefully read this message :I)

Or maybe we should just post the solution in a random newsgroup and then
individually e-mail you the names of all the newsgroups you don't have to
look in :-)

James.
--
 "Yield to temptation --             |

        - Lazarus Long               |              James Fidell

1. Libc-4.4.1 -> forced net-src recompile?

Since I just caught a glimse of a posting about this, I'd like to get a little
more information.

I too have run into the situation where I can't issue loopback connects, and
I get messages from my system telling me it can't find named.hosts, named.local,
and named.rev files.  Do I now have to go into the net-src area and
recompile all of the files to use the latest libraries?

Likewise, do I have to move any other files around?

thanks

2. how to remove trailing spaces...

3. compiling libc-4.4.1

4. DOSEMU file/record locking?

5. Error makeing libc-4.4.1 shared libraries

6. BGP/4 Gated Help Needed

7. probs w/ libc-4.4.1

8. Problems with diald and sendmail

9. 4.1 4.1 4.1 HELP!

10. 4.1.3U1 libc patch and PCNFS 5.0

11. Printf bug in libc-4.6.27 -- libc-4.7.5

12. old libc on 4.1.3C

13. kaio_rdrw in libc.a on AIX 4.1