Functions/methods called from C++ programs/methods

Functions/methods called from C++ programs/methods

Post by Mikael N?sber » Tue, 04 Feb 1997 04:00:00

I wonder if anybody knows of a tool to get a list of functions/
methods called from C++ programs/methods. I know there are such
tools for C (cxref, calls, cflow, etc), but I am not yet aware of
any similar tool for C++.

Regards,
Mikael Nasberg

1. Calling C++ methods from a shared library function

I have a situation where I need to dynamically load some functions, and
those functions need to call methods in objects that exist in the main
executable.

I have declared the functions extern "C", so that dlsym() finds and
runs them OK.

In order to access the object in the main executable, I pass a pointer
to the object as a parameter to the loaded  function.  I seem to be
able to call methods through the pointer to the object, as long as
there are no parameters to the methods.  As soon as I try to call a
method that takes parameters, I get an undefined symbol error with the
mangled name of the method.

I double-checked with nm, and there is a U with the mangled name in the
shared library, and a T with the exact same mangled name in the
executable.

Does anyone have any hints how I should get around this error?

Thanks,
Kurt

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. HELP: Can't access floppy After Install

3. Invoking C++ methods from C functions

4. Package Management for Solaris

5. Fasted method for sending a print command from CALLING functions perspective

6. 1024 cylinder boundary

7. list all the functions/methods used in a program

8. Time limits for users?

9. Apache Problem: Method POST Method Not Implemented

10. method error (/etc/methods/cfgsctape)

11. AIX 4.3.2 Method error (/etc/methods/cfgsctape):

12. calling C library functions from a C++ program

13. C functions calling C++ functions on Solaris