floating point for gcc

Post by wwe.. » Wed, 22 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Is there an easy way to use the functions declared in math.h? Or is it
necessary to add a -l option to my gcc command line? (and if so, what
library do I use?

floating point for gcc

Post by Paul Flinder » Wed, 22 Apr 1998 04:00:00

> Is there an easy way to use the functions declared in math.h? Or is it
> necessary to add a -l option to my gcc command line? (and if so, what
> library do I use?

-lm

1. Floating point exceptions, gcc 3.2 and -mfpmath=sse

--

I'm having an interesting problem when trying to build FP heavy code. When I
optimise, it appears to start masking all the floating point exceptions. I

I've tried fiddling with the FPU control word, and even this doesn't work.

Any ideas? It is important to catch FP exceptions in production code, but
also have it run fast.

        Stephen

 "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" - Bertrand Russell

2. Problems with CERN w3httpd proxy server and security

3. gcc-2.7.0 Floating Point Exception bug

4. Xinetd for Solaris?

5. Floating point exception with GCC

6. SYSERR: net hang reading from ... [sendmail problem]

7. GCC 2.7.x no float-point math (help)

8. Can't boot after add some entry on /etc/vfstab ?

9. gcc 2.3.3 floating point exception (test C code included)

10. Can I define the mantissa and exponent for floating point GCC C compiler?

11. floating point on Linux with f2c/gcc

12. GCC compiler - floating point operation.

13. gcc floating point question