simple question: making mysql

Post by Anthony Erickso » Sat, 28 Apr 2001 17:25:54

Hello Guys,
   When I run 'make' after running 'gzip -dc mysql-xxx-xx.tar.gz | tar xvf -
I get something like '*** No rule to make target. Stop' . I tried 'make
install' and get the same message. Any reason for that?

Any help would be appreciated..

Anthony

simple question: making mysql

Post by Anthony Erickso » Sat, 28 Apr 2001 22:00:39

turns out i confused my binary download with the source...
(even though i've compiled it before.../rebuilt my os from scratch on a
thinkpad and got the wrong file on my cd )
i'm going to throw myself into a very deep lake..

anthony

Quote:> Hello Guys,

Post by Arthur H. Gol » Sun, 29 Apr 2001 05:28:38

> turns out i confused my binary download with the source...
> (even though i've compiled it before.../rebuilt my os from scratch on a
> thinkpad and got the wrong file on my cd )
> i'm going to throw myself into a very deep lake..

Is there anyone you'd like us to call? ;-)
--ag

--
Artie Gold, Austin, TX  (finger the cs.utexas.edu account
for more info)

--
Clone Bernie!

simple question: making mysql

Post by Anthony Erickso » Sat, 05 May 2001 20:37:17

yeah...call bernie....

> > turns out i confused my binary download with the source...
> > (even though i've compiled it before.../rebuilt my os from scratch on a
> > thinkpad and got the wrong file on my cd )
> > i'm going to throw myself into a very deep lake..
> Is there anyone you'd like us to call? ;-)
> --ag

> > anthony

> > > Hello Guys,
> > >    When I run 'make' after running 'gzip -dc mysql-xxx-xx.tar.gz | tar
> > xvf -
> > > I get something like '*** No rule to make target. Stop' . I tried
'make
> > > install' and get the same message. Any reason for that?

> > > Any help would be appreciated..

> > > Anthony

> --
> Artie Gold, Austin, TX  (finger the cs.utexas.edu account
> for more info)

> --
> Clone Bernie!

1. A simple question deserving a simple answer

: What does Unix (Specifically Linux) look like?

A bunch of ones and zeros ;-)

: Is it like Dos? Windows?

No, thank God.

: Something else?

Yes.

There's a simple answer...

--
    Tad McClellan                          SGML Consulting
    Tag And Document Consulting            Perl programming

2. Linux defines under SCO

3. a simple sed question ( there all simple :> )

4. Q : Set of variables in Csh

5. Mysql++: a simple example gets SIGSEGV

6. AHS - SCO 5

7. Simple question from simple user

8. X on IBM Thinkpad 560 SVGA

9. Simple FTP question (very simple)

10. simple question about simple code

11. Simple question for us simple minded.

12. Simple question - simple answer?

13. simple pnp bios io resources bug makes system unusable