gnome and panel applets

Post by Rei Shinozu » Mon, 08 Apr 2002 07:22:18

how does gnome remember which applets have been added to the panel
when you relogin, or when the applet crashes or exits?  i have
some sample programs which do not reappear when you log out and
log back in again.

in addition, gweather sometimes dissapears if i run my notebook
without internet connection and gweather never comes back, i need
to add it back.

there's some gnome panel magic afoot...   i've attempted to
peruse the .gnome directory, but it's not nearly as simple as
an .xinitrc file...

thanks!

-rei

1. gnome panel loses applets

Every now an then, my gnome panel will discard an applet, and from then
on it is nearly impossible to get it back.  I can add it for the sesion,
but no mater what it's gone next time I log on.

Any cluse?  I have RH6 and the gnome from there...

thanks

--
Rob

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~bayliss

2. Question on kill signal (SIGKILL)

3. gnome panel/applet crashes render desktop unusable!

4. Caldera vs. Microsoft suit - does it help free software?

5. Tooltip trouble in bubbling GNOME panel applet

6. Numlock lock crash X ... ?

7. gnome panel applet menus and drag and drop

8. neofb.c

9. Gnome Panel Applets

10. GNOME Panel: workspace applet gone; how to get back?

11. RH8 Gnome panel modem applet

12. Gnome panel applet question on callbacks

13. Problem writing Gnome panel applet