DESPERATE: Have I installed xxgdb properly???

DESPERATE: Have I installed xxgdb properly???

Post by Kent To » Sat, 21 Sep 1996 04:00:00

I was wondering if I've setup xxgdb properly or it is just the
way it is. Could anyone who uses xxgdb kindly tell me if the
following is normal? Thanks!

* it beeps when I click the "next" button
* it has no visual indication of the current execution point/line
* the "l" command in the command window doesn't work (no effect)

TIA for any info!

---
Kent Tong
Freeman Installer ==> http://www.netnet.net/users/freeman/

Post by Markus Gutschk » Sat, 21 Sep 1996 04:00:00

> I was wondering if I've setup xxgdb properly or it is just the
> way it is. Could anyone who uses xxgdb kindly tell me if the
> following is normal? Thanks!

> * it beeps when I click the "next" button
> * it has no visual indication of the current execution point/line
> * the "l" command in the command window doesn't work (no effect)

I am sorry that I cannot help you with these problems, as I do not use
xxgdb myself. But instead of spending your time with configuring
xxgdb, I would suggest that you take a look at DDD which IMHO is the
technically most advanced front-end for GDB.

Have a look at http://www.cs.tu-bs.de/softech/ddd/ or download a copy
from ftp://ftp.ips.cs.tu-bs.de/pub/local/softech/ddd/

There is one caveat though: DDD requires Motif. I do not know if there
are any statically linked versions for Linux, but if in doubt, you
could consider subscribing to the DDD mailing list by sending mail to

So long,

Markus