X-Based Personal Finance Package

Post by John_Graves x14 » Wed, 01 Feb 1995 13:54:05

Has anyone started developing a personal finance package under X?

Something like Quicken or Mananging Your Money.

I would be interested in working on this project.

Thanks,

John

(719)535-1437

Post by K J MacDona » Thu, 02 Feb 1995 19:22:41

: Has anyone started developing a personal finance package under X?

: Something like Quicken or Mananging Your Money.

: I would be interested in working on this project.

I found the following a couple of weeks ago... It may be of interest,
but I haven't had the time to look at it yet.

        Kenny.

> Newsgroups: comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine

> Subject: Re: List of programs which works with Wine

> Date: Thu, 12 Jan 1995 18:57:43 GMT

> >I'll throw in an update on Quicken 3.0.  A few releases ago it would load
> >and actually prompt for the password on my data file.  In the latest releases,
> >it loads and just hangs.  No core dump.
> >Though this one doesn't work, I know many people are interested.
> >-- Trae

> If you are interested in balancing your checkbook under Unix/X, have a
> look at my checkbook balancing program ...

> If you have access to the world-wide-web, you can look at:

>    http://www.me.umn.edu/1/home/clolson

> There is a screen shot available, as well as a live(tm) demo which you
> can try if you are running X.

> Otherwise, you can ftp it from ftp.me.umn.edu:/pub/finance/cbb-0.52a.tar.gz

> Thanks,

> Curt.
> --

>                WWW:    http://www.me.umn.edu/1/home/clolson          .
> Try Linux!     Phone:  (612) 626-9800                            \__[0]__/

Kenneth MacDonald, Department of Geology & Geophysics,
The University of Edinburgh, King's Buildings, Edinburgh EH9 3JW