1. Netscape 3.0b4 DNS lookup failure, then it works.
I don't recall having this problem in previous Netscape versions
through 3.0b3 in a.out.
I am running 3.0b4 on a completely separate ELF'ed system with kernel
2.0, modules-1.3.57 and patched ppp-2.2.0e set up to autologin with
If I load Netscape with its default home page, it gives me a DNS error
that it could not locate 'home.netscape.com'. Yet as soon as I clear
the error window and enter 'http://home.netscape.com/', it takes me
there without any trouble.
Likewise if I start without a home page and then click on a help topic
or new document template/wizard. As soon as I clear the DNS error
window, I can click on the same thing again and it works.
It seems to take slightly longer than a minute to call, log in and
negotiate the PPP. I tried setting the sleep statement in
request-route to 90 seconds, but I still get the DNS error about a
minute into the call (when it failed to connect during a first call,
the DNS error appeared a minute into the second automatic attempt).
Anyone else having this problem or know how to resolve it?
Does Options/Editor Preferences work for anyone (Netscape totally
disappears on my system)?
WARNING: If loading pages for editing by FTP, beware that it may
change your links to ftp:// links including your username and password
(talk about a security hole)!
David Efflandt/Elgin, IL USA
2. Binary connection
3. Netscape 2.0 Server DNS Performance Flaw
4. Invible X pointer in Mandrake7.0v2!
5. Netscape 2.0 can't find names in DNS... help!
6. add users to multiple servers
7. Netscape 2.0 DNS problems.
8. Crash recovery problem (Taylor UUCP 1.05)
9. Netscape 2.0 and PPP/DNS
10. Netscape 2.0 breaks RedHat 2.0 Linux
11. Netscape 1.22 and Netscape 2.0 LOCKS MY MACHINE
12. XFree86-4.2.0_1,1 Config failure -- for ATI Mach 64 Rage Pro 8MB