phpGroupware; can not read japanese with IMAP Server

phpGroupware; can not read japanese with IMAP Server

Post by mich » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 17:24:32

Hello there...

I am facing the problem that I cant see any japanese characters in my
email. Just a bunch of unkown sign. The application itself can be
displayed in Japanese without problems.

The accessed mail account is a IMAP system.
(only in mails. I could phpGroupware can be setup to Japanese without
any problems)

I guess there is some encoding problems between a .php file and the
IMAP Server.
When they communicate they probably use charset=iso-8859-1, but it
should be the charset=Shift_JIS

You should know that I am a beginner with PHP and Linux computing.

Thanks

Michael :)
phpGroupWare version 0.9.14.003 Setup III

1. phpGroupware; can not read japanese with IMAP Server

Hello there...

I am facing the problem that I cant see any japanese characters in my
email. Just a bunch of unkown sign. The application itself can be
displayed in Japanese without problems.

The accessed mail account is a IMAP system.
(only in mails. I could phpGroupware can be setup to Japanese without
any problems)

I guess there is some encoding problems between a .php file and the
IMAP Server.
When they communicate they probably use charset=iso-8859-1, but it
should be the charset=Shift_JIS

You should know that I am a beginner with PHP and Linux computing.

Thanks

Michael :)

2. ibcs 2.0 and p5 SMP problems

3. postfix + cyrus IMAP: central sent-mail folder on IMAP server

4. Cslip server sudden routing problems??

5. It's not bad canned meat...

6. Returned mail: see transcript for details

7. Voice mail system

8. CORRECTION: Where are any LDAP (not IMAP) server binaries?

9. URGENT HELP: Japanese user wants mail and staroffice in Japanese(Kanji)

10. Japanese ftp sites (was Re: Japanese editor for LinuX)

11. howto: Mail from ISP to my router/server, into a IMAP server

12. How can I read japanese disks?