Where to find a detailed list of linux system functions?

Where to find a detailed list of linux system functions?

Post by Xiaoji Li » Fri, 30 May 2003 07:33:18

Thanks!!

XJ

--
Floyd L. Davidson         <http://www.ptialaska.net/~floyd>

Post by Xiaoji Li » Fri, 30 May 2003 10:06:12

>>Thanks!!

>>XJ

>   > ls /usr/man/man2

Thank you, but in my computer, it is /usr/share/man/man2.

1. How to find details regarding all zones present on a system

Hi,

I am new to zones and am facing a problem with them. My requirement is
to find out all the zones running on a given system and pass on its
details to a centralised Database. This will be done for all the
solaris 10 machines on the n/w. The database will then associate the
non-global zones with its global zone and provide the user with a list
of the system (global zone) along with all the non-global zones under
it.

Since my application will be running on all the zones on a given
system, the data it will send to the databse will be something like:
(for a system havinbg 2 non-global zones)
1) data from global zone:
   zone name : global
   unique system id: ??????
2) data from non-global zone 1:
   zone name : zone1
   unique system id: ??????
2) data from non-global zone 2:
   zone name : zone2
   unique system id: ??????

The problem is that when this data goes to the database, I do not have
a way of associating the above three records as I am not able to get a
unique system id across all the zones. And I cannot use the gobal zone
name as it is always "global"

Can someone help me out in getting a unique id or something that can
help me in associating the zones together.

Thanks,
Avinash

PS : Sorry for the long description :)

2. Q: partitioning an IDE-drive

3. How to find out details about a system's architecture

4. Root equivalent accounts

5. system function calls for directory listing..

6. recomendations for setting up boot sequence

7. Need KSH function to list numbers ! in list

8. HPFS fix return without releasing BKL

9. Where can I find more docs on low-level system functions for UNIX

10. C function to find system load

11. Where can I find detailed doc of Linux File I/O?

12. How do I find the details of my hardware in Linux