PC / Mac / Linux - Portable Universal Storage Device

Post by lorabank » Sat, 19 Apr 2003 07:10:09

PC / Mac / Linux - Portable Universal Storage Device

2GB / 1GB - $699 / $334

&&&&)) http://www.ebestshoppers.com ((&&&

PC / Mac / Linux - Portable Universal Storage Device

Quote:> PC / Mac / Linux - Portable Universal Storage Device

Post by James Knot » Sat, 19 Apr 2003 21:16:41

>  Pretty lame.  I have a six way memory device reader that has a 20GB
> hard drive in it.  Plug it in, and seven new devices appear in your
> file explorer.  One button copy from any source, one button paste to a
> PC or laptop.  Self powered internal rechargeable battery.

>   The price on yer shit is even more lame.  My device was less than
> $250 US.

The device described is not a hard drive.  It's a memory device, which has
no moving parts and is considerably smaller than any hard drive.  FWIW, I
can easily put together a package, that contains any size hard drive, in a
portable enclosure, that attaches to a USB port for a price similar to
yours.  A guesstimate would be about $200 CDN for 60 GB.  However, it still
wouldn't be one of those "pen drives".

--

Fundamentalism is fundamentally wrong.

james.knott.