If you really need to use the same port, then set the SO_REUSEADDR socket option
before you bind to the port. Do this on your client and server code.
Phil Frisbie, Jr.
1. Changing IP address on Solaris 9 with multiple virtual IP addresses
We are running Solaris 9 and have configured the one physical NIC with
2 IP addresses allowing us to run 2 web servers and keep both on port
80. Is changing the IP address assigned to each host as simple as
changing the entries in /etc/inet/hosts or do I need to start messing
2. Can't get boot disk to work
3. Using DHCP to obtain PC's IP address from Solaris box
4. Help! Jazz drive partition has been hosed.
5. using multiple ip addresses - help
6. Disabling Console on Serial
7. how to setup multiple domains using the same ip address
9. Mail server for multiple domain using a single IP address
10. multiple NICs, multiple IP addresses?
11. IP Masquerade & Multiple IP addresses
12. IP Aliaseing (Multiple IP address to one interface)
13. using mac address instead of an IP address of hostname