Window$ help file reader

Post by Tom Clo » Thu, 22 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I don't know if this is the right forum to pose this question but I'll
ask anyway.

I am trying to transition from Window$ 95 to Linux on my office
machine.  I have most everything working under Linux including NetWare
LAN file and printer access, token ring, modem, etc. but I have a need
to access Window$ Help files.  This cannot be avoided unfortunatly.  I
would very much like not to have to shutdown Linux and bring up
Window$ just to read certian files.  Does anyone have any suggestions
as to how I might read such files under Linux?

- TC

Window$ help file reader

Post by Roland Latou » Fri, 23 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> I don't know if this is the right forum to pose this question but I'll
> ask anyway.

> I am trying to transition from Window$ 95 to Linux on my office
> machine.  I have most everything working under Linux including NetWare
> LAN file and printer access, token ring, modem, etc. but I have a need
> to access Window$ Help files.  This cannot be avoided unfortunatly.  I
> would very much like not to have to shutdown Linux and bring up
> Window$ just to read certian files.  Does anyone have any suggestions
> as to how I might read such files under Linux?

'wine winhelp.exe' works for me.
--
 Retired Tech Support Engineer       http://home.cdsnet.net/~rolandl
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Ben