Help needed finding a solution (REPOSTED)

Help needed finding a solution (REPOSTED)

Post by Neil Evert » Sat, 24 Nov 2001 03:47:30

Hi,

        Apologies for the report by groups.google doesn't seem to have
posted the original.

        I've been given a task which is as follows ;

Create a Linux box with Cyclades 8 port card installed (done RH7.2,
works OK)

It needs to be able to accept an incoming  call and then work out
whether it's;
1) Dial-Up Networking connection (ppp)
2) Kermit
3) Zmodem
and if it's 2 or 3 then auto-receive the files coming in.

I've got RH7.2 working with pppd running fine, but I'm now wondering
if this is the best solution.

I've seen freeradius and portslave (but not used either), has anyone
used one or both of these ?

Also does anyone know if minicom can auto-detect and auto-accept
zmodem or kermit ?

I did the original project many years ago on DOS, but we're looking at
upgrading to a multi-tasking/user environment and I've pushed Linux
hard (against very M$ orientated people) and now I want to try and get
a solution in place ASAP before anyone changes their mind.

I also need to be able to accept a proprietary protocol which I have
to code in myself, which is another good reason for open-source ;-)

I will be honest in that I've already resigned myself to a complete
re-develop using my own-rolled libraries, etc. but I'd rather 'cheat'
if possible ;-)

Any help/ideas appreciated
Neil E.

Remove [removetoreply] from email address to mail me direct

1. need help finding router solution

hey, guys / gals  i need some help in finding a solution. i need a
router that can nat. i have used ipf before for this but this solution
will be a bit different. it will need to nat all outbound packets as
my internal addressess are all rfc-1918. i only have one legal
routable ip anyway. whats different about this is i need it to not
block (filter) any incomming traffic, and i need it to foward all
traffic thats incomming to my firewall thats inside. the situation is
i have a checkpoint fw, and on checkpoint you just cant change the ip
for the external interface because the license is bound to it. its
also a real bitch to change and modify rules for a address change
so..... what i would like to do is keep checkpoints existing addy
(which is a rfc-1918) and have it connected to the router.

ex.
isp given ip----(router)10.0.0.1-------10.0.0.2(ckp-fw)----internal

as mentioned above i need the router to nat outbound traffic which
will be comming from my checkpoint fw but i dont want the router to
filter any inbound traffic and i want it to pass all inbound traffic
to the checkpoint firewall.

is this possible and if so how?

thanks in advance,

2. LibQTso and xIrc...

3. need to find a solution for hebrew on sco5

4. HELP:limit on Resource

5. Need to find ASP solution that is not mod_perl

6. Version 17 of the IPMI driver

7. Repost: Help: openwin can't find xtoolplaces

8. Running natd on multiple interfaces???

9. repost solution to: "why it takes 20years to telnet to RedHat Linux"

10. PLEASE REPOST SECRUITY HOLE PROBLEM AND SOLUTION

11. REPOST: [SOLUTION] getting lpr/lpd to work

12. Views on: Best pc to pc remote networking solution (repost)

13. repost: Another solution than reverse ftp-proxy