Unix sockets(Urget!).

Post by amir » Sun, 23 May 1999 04:00:00

Hello, I'm pretty new in the Unix world.
And I'm need to writ a server application.
Can eny one give me a site that explain about network programing with
Unix?
I need to write a server that will communicate with Win95 clients. -Is
that possible?.

Thax.
    -Amir.

Unix sockets(Urget!).

Post by abn » Sun, 23 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi, all!

Hi, amir!

try to look at:
http://www.ee.uwa.edu.au/~roberto/units/ind426/resources/sockets.html

(
BSD/UNIX Socket Programming
The Berkeley Socket Interface
BSD Sockets: A Quick And Dirty Primer
Beej's Guide to Network Programming - Using Internet Sockets
Programming UNIX Sockets in C (FAQ)
)

...and another: http://www.spliff.demon.co.uk/hot/net-programming.html

(
Network Programming
Unix Socket Programming FAQ
Jim Frost's BSD Sockets: A Quick And Dirty Primer
Master copy from Jim Frost's homepage
From umn
From umd
From csuchico (older version)
BSD Sockets intro

(abn: WOW!!!) An Introductory 4.4BSD Interprocess Communication Tutorial
[PSD:20]

PostScript from umd
HTML version from umn
PostScript from umn
PostScript from nwu

(abn: WOW!!!) An Advanced 4.4BSD Interprocess Communication Tutorial
[PSD:21]

PostScript from umd
HTML version from umn
PostScript from umn
PostScript from nwu
(abn: WOW!!!) Advanced 4.3BSD IPC Tutorial [PS1:8]
Source code to Steven's UNIX Network Programming
A short tutorial on socket programming
Jim Frost's UNIX Signals and Process Groups
Master copy from Jim Frost's homepage
From umn
Tom Kelliher's Introduction to the Socket API
Other Related Lists
Unix Socket Programming FAQ Homepage
W. Richard Stevens' Home Page
UMass CMPSCI 653/491G: Computer Networks
Mark Bentley's collection on UNIX Programming
UMd's cmsc498p sock links
Programming the BSD Socket interface, from CSU-Chico
UNC INLS 210: TCP/IP Networks and Network Programming
Westminster College's CS43: Distributed Systems
McGill 304-427B: Operating Systems
)

...there are no problems for _any_ server to communicate with Win9x/NT'
clients (e.g.: APACHE(*nix) <-> MS IE(WinNT/9x)); for Winsock API' reference
to search on www.microsoft.com

wbr, abn

Quote:> Hello, I'm pretty new in the Unix world.
> And I'm need to writ a server application.
> Can eny one give me a site that explain about network programing with
> Unix?
> I need to write a server that will communicate with Win95 clients. -Is
> that possible?.

> Thax.
>     -Amir.

Unix sockets(Urget!).

Post by Erik de Castro Lop » Mon, 24 May 1999 04:00:00

> Hello, I'm pretty new in the Unix world.
> And I'm need to writ a server application.
> Can eny one give me a site that explain about network programing with
> Unix?
> I need to write a server that will communicate with Win95 clients. -Is
> that possible?.

Have a look at the UNIX Socket FAQ:

        http://www.lcg.org/sock-faq/

Erik

When a user mailbombs me with 100,000 messages, we
call it denial of service and the guy can be thrown
in jail.  When 100,000 SPAMMERS send me one mail each,
we call it marketing.

1. URGET HELP Need!!!

What version of UNIX are you running?
Have you looked at lpstat -t  ?
If lpsched is not running, have you tried starting it?   /usr/lib/lpsched

| CCS Enterprises, Inc.   P.O. Drawer 1690     Easton MD  21601 |
|               http://www.ccs.com     Come Visit Us !!         |
|  Personal homepage:  http://www.intercom.net/user/consult     |
|-------> (410) 820-4670 ------------ FAX: (410) 476-5261 <-----|

2. Network Mgmt on Solaris

3. FPATH function calls in ksh script

4. UNIX domain sockets vs TCP sockets

5. nbd driver for 2.5+: add compatibility with previous ioctl user interface

6. HP-UX to SunOS port: Unix socket not a socket??

7. IBM ThinkPAD750

8. Problem with Unix Domain sockets on OSF Unix V4.0

9. Sockets + UNIX + (GNU C++) + UNIX newbie = problems...

10. Problem with Unix Domain sockets on OSF Unix V4.0

11. Sockets sockets and more sockets

12. Socket, Socket, whose got the socket?