ELF format and debuggers

Post by Rajesh Viswanath » Sat, 27 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I am trying to use ups on Linux with ELF compiled binaries.
When I run xups it complains that the file should be in an
a.out format.

Does anyone know if there is a workaround for this?

Also can anyone recommend to me another nice graphical
de* for linux other than xdbx that will work
with ELF binaries.

(xups is a graphical de*)

Raj

ELF format and debuggers

Post by Vijay Shast » Wed, 01 May 1996 04:00:00

: Also can anyone recommend to me another nice graphical
: de* for linux other than xdbx that will work
: with ELF binaries.

Try ddd (data display de*) or xxgdb. Or one can use gdb inside emacs
with gdb mode.
                        Vijay Shastry

: Raj

---------------------                   -----------------------------

364 Compton Hall,                       Phone: (314) 935-4968
Dept. of Physics,
Washington University,
St. Louis, Mo 63130.

ELF format and debuggers

Post by Warwick Allis » Fri, 03 May 1996 04:00:00

gdb doesn't appear to be able to read ELF core-files.  Surely I have done
domething wrong (I very rarely use corefiles).

--
Warwick
--

/     * <- Comp Sci Department, McD: http://student.uq.edu.au/~s002434/mcl.html
\_.-._/    Univ. of Queensland, POV: http://student.uq.edu.au/~s002434/pov.html

1. Ups - X debugger, ELF format for....?

I recently updated to Linux 1.2 and beyond. My debugger UPS used to work great because in my former linux distribution I would get a.out binaries from the compiler. Now I am getting ELF. I have tried to get a.out binaries from my current linux install using the -bi486-linuxaout flag to gcc but to no avail. Does anybody know of a ups version that has been ported to the new Linux ELF format or any advice as to how to produce an a.out file using gcc 2.7.X ( cant remember last number). thanks

Carl Jolly

2. /usr/include/asm not found ??

3. COFF format, ELF format of an executable in linux

4. Printer setting up -- How?

5. ELF version of UPS (X based debugger)

6. System for throughput

7. ddd (Data Display Debugger) binary for ELF ?

8. run gettys

9. ANNOUNCE: Updated UPS debugger for Sun, Linux ELF available

10. Availability of ELF-capable UPS debugger for UPS.

11. ELF and debuggers

12. ELF Linux Debugger

13. Matrox Mystique ands X.