Writing control codes to device through a device driver

Writing control codes to device through a device driver

Post by Mikeywild » Mon, 12 Feb 2001 23:52:40

I have a PCL711b analog/digital conversion I/O board.  I downloaded a Comedi
device driver and loaded the driver into the kernel.  I need to load specific
codes to the board to control a timer and set an interrupt.  Looking at the
driver source code, I see the function to set an interrupt.  How do I access
the driver's function to write the data to the board.  Do I link the object
module with the source code when I compile my program?  Should I use an ioctl
function call from the user space program instead?

Thanks in advance,

Mike Wilder