Posix AIO working?

Post by Artem Truno » Sat, 22 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi all.

I am trying to use Posix Async IO (#include <aio.h>, librt ) on Linux,
but when I/O request is issued (aio_write), I get garbage on the screen
and program hangs.  I am wondering in anyone ever got it working? The
same app works just fine on Solaris.

System: RH 6.2. distrib, 2.3.99-pre6 kernel.

Also, in general - what is better approach for high performance disk
I/O:

1) One  thread, async signal driven I/O into many buffers, second thread
handles signals (works now ),
or
2) N threads, sync I/O,
or
3) mmap a whole file, N threads access different parts of the file
or
4) N threads do  mmap on different parts of the file
or
5) other suggestions.

Thanks a lot,
Artem.

1. How can a device driver support Posix.1b AIO interface?

I am developing a character device driver on Tru64 Unix. I plan to
implement read, write, ioctl interface. I am not clear that how can
the driver suport Posix.1b AIO interface?

Who knows about it?
Thanks in advance.

2. Datestamp behaviour with "touch"

3. Accton EN-2212

4. How can a device driver suport Posix.1b AIO interface?

5. This is a test.

6. Q. POSIX aio on Solaris 2.3 broken ?

7. timeout while reading a directory

8. aio and Posix.4 in Solaris 2.6