xmris doesn't compile

Post by Nicola Montecchiar » Thu, 23 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hello all

did anyone try to compile xmris? It doesn't work the makefile for me and
I don't know why.

regards,
--
Nicola

xmris doesn't compile

Post by Kevin Hube » Mon, 27 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Nicola> Hello all did anyone try to compile xmris? It doesn't work the
Nicola> makefile for me and I don't know why.

Could you post the error output?

-Kevin

1. Problems compiling+running xmris under Slackware 1.2

I'm trying to get xmris going under Slackware 1.2 and have run into
the following problems:

  * I got the source from ftp.x.org, performed "xmkmf", typed "make"
    and got the following error:

Checking a few things
sh: -c: line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file
make: *** [initialize] Error 2

  * gcc reports

          ld: No such file or directory for libXaw

    when linking the final binary.  If I modify the makefile to use
    "/usr/X386/libXaw.sa" instead of -lXaw (and so forth for the other
    X libraries), then I can link.  Also, I have to load with
    /lib/libc.sa.  Is there a way I can get gcc to use the .sa files
    automatically? (since Slackware only comes with the shared libraries.)

  * Running the binary produces a strange behavior.  The background
    pattern is first painted in the upper left corner of the root window.
    Thereafter drawing occurs in the xmris window.  The same happens
    if I use the xmris binary found at sunsite.unc.edu.

--

2. Bootdisk

3. compiling xmris on linux+xfree

4. Linksys WMP54G Wireless adapter

5. My Slackware doesn't work with soundcard, & can't compile Kernel

6. TNT 2 , Voodoo 3

7. 486 Doesn't see >16MB...no it's not compiled that way!

8. promise SATA driver

9. DOSEMU:0.49 doesn't work, won't compile.

10. 486 Doesn't see >16MB...no it's not compiled that way!

11. PPP doesn't die, it just doesn't work anymore

12. It Doesn't Matter (much) If Sun Doesn't "Support" Dataless

13. i8k.c doesn't compile in 2.5.39-dj2