HPRTL output from GhostScript?

Post by Edmund Humenberg » Sat, 11 May 1996 04:00:00

I need to print postscript to a large inkjet printer.

he does understand HPRTL. This is a quite common standard.

Any ideas?

thanks

please reply by mail.

1. TCP/IP Printing -- Ghostscript output not working

I have successfully attached a HP Deskjet to a Xyplex MaxServer 1100
terminal server.  The terminal server in question does not have an
"lpd" service, but rather using the script that was found in the Linux
Printing HOWTO I am able to open a tcp/ip connectino and stuff basic
text data to it.

Using Ghostscript I have directed my output of a postscript document
to a file but configured for the Deskjet.  I then try to print the
printer "image" using the script mentioned above.  The output is a few
lines of "garbage."

I would reason that the byte stream that is opened via the tcp/ip
script is not handling the binary data properly.  Can anyone help me
with a fix?  I really do ppreciate it, and am more then willing to
summarize back to this group with my results.

Thanks,
Rod
--
Rod Troch  N2ZVV                             |

http://www.texas.com/                        | FTP for Pgp key
"Don't ever ask anybody if they are from Texas; if they are, you'll
know it.  If they aren't, you'll just make 'em feel bad."  -Anonymous

2. Publishing (Lyx or not?)

3. Windows postscript outputs %%[ LastPage ]%% & other garbage with ghostscript -- solution

4. netstat not showing tcp connections

5. ghostscript output

6. software trademarks

7. Ghostscript: getting better vga output

8. Ghostscript on Solaris

9. Problem printing TeX output with Ghostscript on DJ500 solved

10. Ghostscript produces "stratified" output for Epson ESC/P2

11. GhostScript cutting off bj200 output!?

12. Ghostscript - Errors printing Adobe's acroread PostScript output

13. Windows postscript outputs %%[ LastPage ]%% & other garbage with ghostscript -- solution