Serial Port Programming in C or C++

Post by Kevin D. Gustavs » Thu, 20 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I am writing a program that uses the serial port to exchange information
with an Newton Messagepad.  I would like to avoid reinventing the wheel
where possible.

Has anyone written a C or C++ class library for opening a serial port and
setting options with a fairly high level interface.  Especially valuable to
me would be a class that is capable of handling MNP in software, but I have
a way of using a straight serial connection if possible.

Does anyone have code that they are willing to share?  My code isn't under
any licensing yet, so I am flexible with that.

Thanks.

--
Kevin D. Gustavson

1. Parallel Port programming question, was "Serial Port Programming"

All right, it was a unanaimous response to use the parallel port instead of
the serial port to twiddle pins on a IO port.  Anyone have a quick snipit
of code or direction to go.  I have the IOport programming howto which shows
how to set up port to be talked to, but does not explain how to exactly
talk to the port itself.  Any help would be appreciated.
| Andrew F. Nelson      Computer Science                                |

| Title:                WWW Administrator / Systems Staff               |
|                       Computer Science and Institute of Technology    |
| "Murphy's Law isn't just a saying, it is a way of life!"              |

2. Stability of ppp Connection

3. How to set up serial port when programming serial communication

4. AfterStep Installation

5. Keyboard and Sol25x86

6. serial port on v490 and Serial port on StorEdge 3510

7. Redhat Image Help

8. Serial port to serial port copying software

9. Send traffic from one serial port out to another serial port

10. Serial port to serial port with null modem cable

11. Serial port - to - serial port networking

12. SunOS 5.6, Serial ports, ioctl(), and C vs. C++