what about an integrated development enviroment on free(gnu)pascal?

what about an integrated development enviroment on free(gnu)pascal?

Post by Manfred Constape » Thu, 29 Jul 1999 04:00:00



Hello peoples...

I am a new on Linux and an old in pascal... in DOS its easy to write some
programs because of the IDE delivered with the compiler... the use of vi is
different to the msdos-editor or the ed in the ide of turbo pascal. So I've
to do much more to develop a program under linux as under dos or windows...

I need an fully functional dev enviroment for a pascal compiler like the gnu
or free pascal (packages in SuSE Linux 6.0)...

Also I need a cobol compiler! ;-)

Who can help or where can I find them..?!

Bye,
Manfred

 
 
 

what about an integrated development enviroment on free(gnu)pascal?

Post by Ray Cadmu » Thu, 29 Jul 1999 04:00:00


The folks at www.medigo.org are working on a Pascal IDE targeting a Delphi
look-alike.

> Hello peoples...

> I am a new on Linux and an old in pascal... in DOS its easy to write some
> programs because of the IDE delivered with the compiler... the use of vi is
> different to the msdos-editor or the ed in the ide of turbo pascal. So I've
> to do much more to develop a program under linux as under dos or windows...

> I need an fully functional dev enviroment for a pascal compiler like the gnu
> or free pascal (packages in SuSE Linux 6.0)...

> Also I need a cobol compiler! ;-)

> Who can help or where can I find them..?!

> Bye,
> Manfred


 
 
 

what about an integrated development enviroment on free(gnu)pascal?

Post by David M. Co » Fri, 30 Jul 1999 04:00:00




Quote:>I need an fully functional dev enviroment for a pascal compiler like the gnu
>or free pascal (packages in SuSE Linux 6.0)...

You could try xwpe or rhide.  See http://members.home.com/davecook/devel

Dave Cook

 
 
 

what about an integrated development enviroment on free(gnu)pascal?

Post by Rod Roar » Sat, 31 Jul 1999 04:00:00





>>I need an fully functional dev enviroment for a pascal compiler like the gnu
>>or free pascal (packages in SuSE Linux 6.0)...

>You could try xwpe or rhide.  See http://members.home.com/davecook/devel
>Dave Cook

A nice resource, thanks!  BTW you might also mention the "kwrite"
editor that comes with KDE 1.1.1, it looks nice for those of us used
to Windows and has syntax highlighting for various languages.

-- Rod
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sunset Systems                           Preconfigured Linux Computers
http://www.sunsetsystems.com/                      and Custom Software
----------------------------------------------------------------------

 
 
 

what about an integrated development enviroment on free(gnu)pascal?

Post by jw » Sun, 01 Aug 1999 04:00:00






>>>I need an fully functional dev enviroment for a pascal compiler like the gnu
>>>or free pascal (packages in SuSE Linux 6.0)...

>>You could try xwpe or rhide.  See http://members.home.com/davecook/devel
>>Dave Cook

>A nice resource, thanks!  BTW you might also mention the "kwrite"
>editor that comes with KDE 1.1.1, it looks nice for those of us used
>to Windows and has syntax highlighting for various languages.

>-- Rod

someone I knew had a ton of trouble with free pascal and development
packages, because it compiles straight to an executable, and doesn't
create object files to link without a lot of trouble - this didn't work
well at all with development packages that expected this. I believe gnu
pascal is a lot more well-behaved on this aspect.

Greetings,
Jurriaan

--
If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else
first.
        Nirvana

 
 
 

what about an integrated development enviroment on free(gnu)pascal?

Post by Manfred Constape » Tue, 03 Aug 1999 04:00:00


David M. Cook schrieb in Nachricht ...



>>I need an fully functional dev enviroment for a pascal compiler like the
gnu
>>or free pascal (packages in SuSE Linux 6.0)...

>You could try xwpe or rhide.  See http://members.home.com/davecook/devel

>Dave Cook

Thanks a lot for your help... By the way I use now the xwpe x11 17a
enviroment... very nice prog!

Ciao, Manfred

 
 
 

what about an integrated development enviroment on free(gnu)pascal?

Post by Victor Wagn » Tue, 03 Aug 1999 04:00:00


: Hello peoples...

: I am a new on Linux and an old in pascal... in DOS its easy to write some
: programs because of the IDE delivered with the compiler... the use of vi is
: different to the msdos-editor or the ed in the ide of turbo pascal. So I've
: to do much more to develop a program under linux as under dos or windows...

Actually, much less, once you've invested enough time into learning vi
or emacs. They are different indeed, but much more powerful. In old DOS
days I've qedit in the menu of external tools of my BP IDE just becouse
integrated editor wasn't powerful enough.

: I need an fully functional dev enviroment for a pascal compiler like the gnu
: or free pascal (packages in SuSE Linux 6.0)...

Try xwpe, which should be also packaged in your SUSE. It is much like
old Borland IDE. You might need to spend some time tuning it to work
with Pascal becouse it comes pre-tuned only for C. And despite of name,
it doesn't requre X (it uses it if finds, but works on console as well)

: Also I need a cobol compiler! ;-)

: Who can help or where can I find them..?!

: Bye,
: Manfred

--
--------------------------------------------------------

I don't answer questions by private E-Mail from this address.

 
 
 

what about an integrated development enviroment on free(gnu)pascal?

Post by David M. Co » Wed, 04 Aug 1999 04:00:00




>>You could try xwpe or rhide.  See http://members.home.com/davecook/devel
>A nice resource, thanks!  BTW you might also mention the "kwrite"
>editor that comes with KDE 1.1.1, it looks nice for those of us used
>to Windows and has syntax highlighting for various languages.

Geez, I can't keep up with all the k this and g that.  I'll let the
links the GNOME and KDE stand in for all that.  I think people will be able
to find those things.

Dave Cook