Coverage Analysis Tools/Software Testing Tools for Linux Apps

Coverage Analysis Tools/Software Testing Tools for Linux Apps

Post by Meling Mud » Thu, 31 Dec 1998 04:00:00

 Hi all,

 Does anyone know of existing tools for coverage analysis/software
 testing for Linux? I know a couple of tools available, but they
 are mainly for UNIX, and some are really OS deopendent.

 Thanks for any input. Happy New Year.

 mel

Post by Veksler Michae » Thu, 31 Dec 1998 04:00:00

>   Hi all,

>   Does anyone know of existing tools for coverage analysis/software
>   testing for Linux? I know a couple of tools available, but they
>   are mainly for UNIX, and some are really OS deopendent.

>   Thanks for any input. Happy New Year.

>   mel

Try egcs and gcov. (I guess that gcc-2.8.x should have this capability
also).

From gcov info file:
$ gcc -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage tmp.c
$ a.out
$ gcov tmp.c
 87.50% of 8 source lines executed in file tmp.c

[this will create tmp.c.gcov with coverage data]

  Michael

Post by Richard Jone » Thu, 31 Dec 1998 04:00:00

:  Hi all,

:  Does anyone know of existing tools for coverage analysis/software
:  testing for Linux? I know a couple of tools available, but they
:  are mainly for UNIX, and some are really OS deopendent.

Try gcov, supplied with egcs (http://egcs.cygnus.com)

:  Happy New Year.

And to you to.

Rich.

--
-      Richard Jones. Linux contractor London and SE areas.        -
-    Very boring homepage at: http://www.annexia.demon.co.uk/      -

1. visionsoft development tools - performance analysis, optimization, runtime error checking, coverage in a single pass

Professional C/C++/Java Developers:

VisionSoft has recently developed a runtime analysis and optimization
tool that will analyze the relative and actual execution performance of
your Java and/or C/C++ applications.  The C/C++/Java tool provides
results as follows:

For C/C++ by file, function, class, method, statement and if-clause
True/False degrees of resolution.

For Java by file, class/method, statement and if-clause True/False
degrees of resolution.

Once the analysis is performed the program can automatically or be
directed to optimize your source structure to improve the C/C++
application performance dramatically.

If you are interested in using this tool please send email to

request an evaluation.

For other tools that are currently released please visit our web site at
http://www.vsonline.com

regards,

VisionSoft

2. I need help setting up a pci network card in linux.

3. Q: Code coverage/error detection/performance analysis tools

4. RS-232 -> KVM switch?

5. WANTED: Test Coverage tools

6. apache configure error

7. test coverage tools

8. cu in backround

9. Code Coverage Test Tools

10. Trying to use a test coverage tool...

11. Testing Tools, Path Coverage

12. Free versions of Java/C++ code analysis and testing tools for u

13. Tools Tools Tools ... wanted