Makefile - for the compiling C programs on Linux

Makefile - for the compiling C programs on Linux

Post by dian » Fri, 17 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Does know somebody where can I find more documentation about Makefile?
How it works?
The documentation that I found its not enough, please help me!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE!!

Post by David T. Bla » Fri, 17 Mar 2000 04:00:00

> Does know somebody where can I find more documentation about Makefile?
> How it works?
> The documentation that I found its not enough, please help me!

> THANK YOU VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE!!

info make
From gnome-help-browser look up make
From emacs (C-h i C-s make meta)

or buy the O'Reilly book on GNU make.

--
Dave Blake

1. anybody can offer help on C++ Makefile compiled in linux?

Hi:
  I Have the follwing Makefile  , compiling on linux

# Makefile begain
CXX = g++
CPPFLAGS = -g -O2 -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -Wbad-function-cast \
        -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes \
        -Wmissing-declarations

LDFLAGS = -g
LOADLIBES =
PROGRAMS = tcdr
SORUCES = $(*.cpp)
OBJECTS = tcdr.o Message_Block.o CDR_Base.o CDR_Stream.o
all: $(PROGRAMS)
tcdr: $(OBJECTS)
        $(CXX) $(LDFLAGS) -o tcdr $(OBJECTS) $(LOADLIBES)

%.o: %.cpp %.h

clean:
        rm $(OBJECTS)
#Makefile ends

The "tcdr.cpp" is the main file,  it can't link the object because it
couldn't find some reference defined in CDR_Base.inl  which is included in
CDR_Base.cpp .

if I include all the c++ source file in my main file tcdr.c, and use
g++  tcdr.c  -o tcdr , then it can link and produce the exectable "tcdr"

Can anybody offer help ? is my Makefile wrong ??
thanks!
lei

2. Portable Multi-Threading under Unix

3. compiling programs to use ld-linux.so.1 instead of ld-linux.so.2

4. >>> F R E E V A C A T I O N S <<<

5. diff -rcN ups-2.45.2/Makefile ups/Makefile

6. Does anyone have a chat script suitable for erols'

7. CC compiled .so does not work with g++ compiled main program

8. Commercial encryption (NON DOD) devices

9. sed/awk - generating Makefiles (Re: awk processing of Makefile macros)

10. GCC: "makefile" not "Makefile"?

11. cvs commit: ports/java Makefile ports/java/forte Makefile distinfo (fwd)

12. prototype Makefiles - sharing Makefiles between projects

13. compile C programs with UNIX system calls (= Unix Programs??)