Joystick -->Create an event --> Handle this event

Joystick -->Create an event --> Handle this event

Post by Albert Goodwil » Fri, 16 Feb 2001 19:55:40

I would like to learn how can an event be generated on JOYSTICK move and/or
JOYSTICK button pressed ?
And how an event handler can be called to perform a say Beep when JOYSTICK
moved or clicked?

Is there any C++(or C) code samples to show JOYSTICK and event handling ?

Thanks..

Post by D. Stimit » Sat, 17 Feb 2001 03:18:51

> I would like to learn how can an event be generated on JOYSTICK move and/or
> JOYSTICK button pressed ?
> And how an event handler can be called to perform a say Beep when JOYSTICK
> moved or clicked?

> Is there any C++(or C) code samples to show JOYSTICK and event handling ?

> Thanks..

You might find a joystick calibration program useful as an example. This
one appears C++ in places, but is mainly just C (there is a C++
conversion going on for parts of a project it is related to). Check:
http://wolfpack.twu.net/libjsw/index.html