OMT Case tool for Linux?

Post by Max Welto » Fri, 11 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I use Software thr Pictures at work and need an Object Modeling
Technique case tool that will run on Linux.

Does anyone know of such a product?

--
Max Welton
  http://www.netcom.com/~maxw | Wherever you go, there you are.

OMT Case tool for Linux?

Post by BruceBig » Sat, 12 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I, too, would like to know where to obtain an OMT for Linux.  I've been
looking at WITH CLASS for Windows, which does Shlaer Mellor, Booch, etc.
It is going for $295.  I would prefer SES Object Bench, which does
Shlaer-Mellor modeling and Simulation, but it costs around $20,000 for the
server and $4,500 per client. The price may have come down since a year or
two ago, but, still, there are few tools that do this modeling at an
inexpensive price.  WITH CLASS is the first, although I'm sure it's no
where nears as complete and capable as Object Bench.

--
Subject: OMT Case tool for Linux?

Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 19:57:24 +0000

I use Software thr Pictures at work and need an Object Modeling
Technique case tool that will run on Linux.

Does anyone know of such a product?

--
Max Welton
  http://www.netcom.com/~maxw | Wherever you go, there you are.

OMT Case tool for Linux?

Post by Pascal van D » Thu, 17 Oct 1996 04:00:00

At ftp.x.org

/contrib/devel{something}/OOD

is a great (not yet finished) OMT drawing/design tool. SOme Korean professor
made it. Is worth checking out!

Best regards,
  Pascal

--
+----------------+---------------------------------------------------------+
+ Pascal van Dam + Working on: XView rapid prototyper for the free UNIXes  +

OMT Case tool for Linux?

Post by James Youngm » Fri, 18 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>At ftp.x.org

>/contrib/devel{something}/OOD

>is a great (not yet finished) OMT drawing/design tool. SOme Korean professor
>made it. Is worth checking out!

I too looked at this and it *is* unfinished.  I decided to write the missing
functionality -- and then gave up when I found that the comments were
(apparently) in hanegul...

--
James Youngman       VG Gas Analysis Systems |The trouble with the rat-race
 Before sending advertising material, read   |is, even if you win, you're

1. OOD Case Tool for Rumbaugh OMT. Interested ?

  Hi,

  I've compiled OOD for Linux. OOD is a case tool that is
  currently in beta. OOD uses OMT (Object Modelling
  Technique) that is developed by Rumbaugh. OOD itself

  from Korea. It uses the Motif library for its GUI.
  For people that want to see the source, I can direct them
  to export.lcs.mit.edu in contrib/devel_tools/OOD. For
  further information, I refer to this site and directory.

  The compressed, statically linked binary is about 1 Megabyte
  in size. Prof. Taegyun Kim asked to upload the binary
  only to export.lcs.mit.edu, so I'm not planning to
  upload it to sunsite (yet). OOD comes with no manual
  and knowledge about the OMT from Rumbaugh is required.

  Please, if you're interested in this tool, could you
  for students, but I would ask people that want to try it
  out, to consider writing a small excerpt for the manual.
  The professors' English is not to well and he would like
  to propagate the use of OOD, but there is no manual yet;
  so you see the problem. Anyhow, if you're interested,
  hit the 'reply' button...

  Thanks,

  Stef

  P.S. If I don't receive any replies, I wont go into
  trouble of uploading 1 megabyte with my modem. That's
  why I'm asking first here :-)

--
Steven Buytaert

        'Imagination is more important than knowledge.'
                        (A. Einstein)

2. New AIX/UNIX user."Simply AIX" book

3. OMT or UML tool

4. I have 2 linux problems, if you know anything about linux, atapi cdroms, and xwindows, please help

5. Any UML/Booch/OMT modeling tools in the works?

6. Problem with 400MHz 8MB Cache CPU that runs in the Enterprise 10000

7. Development Tool, Project, CASE Tool

8. <IGNORE ME TEST>

9. LINUX OO CASE tool

10. CASE Tool for Linux