graphics.h in Linux? ncurses on DOS/WINDOWS?

graphics.h in Linux? ncurses on DOS/WINDOWS?

Post by Pratik Parik » Mon, 31 Mar 2003 05:00:43

Is the graphics.h header available in DOS, available in Linux as well?

Do we have a nucrses.h for DOS?
Can curses based applications be run on DOS?

Thanks,
Pratik.

Post by Erik de Castro Lop » Mon, 31 Mar 2003 05:12:27

> Is the graphics.h header available in DOS, available in Linux as well?

No.

Quote:> Do we have a nucrses.h for DOS?
> Can curses based applications be run on DOS?

You'll need to ask those questions in a DOS newsgroup.

Erik

Linux: generous programmers from around the world all join
forces to help you shoot yourself in the foot for free.

graphics.h in Linux? ncurses on DOS/WINDOWS?

Post by Maya » Tue, 01 Apr 2003 00:10:09

If you are interest in text mode GUI I would suggest S-Lang. This is a
text GUI library for both DOS and Linux.

One of the good things about posting questions that relate to DOS and
Windows in the Linux groups is that, usually, we are not new comers to the
world of IT. There is a good chance that someone here has been around long
enough to know more than one operating system. However, DOS questions take
bandwidth from our "exclusive" group. So, please try to ask the questions
as if you were looking for LINUX stuff.

Have a good one, and if you are having more the one... have one for me! On

--
====================== E-Communications Canada =====================
Jorge Escalante - Software Development Coordinator.

* You cannot exercise your power to a point of * of others.
* What does an elephant do when he gets a broken toe?
          -He calls a toetruck

graphics.h in Linux? ncurses on DOS/WINDOWS?

Post by Andrew Cottrel » Tue, 01 Apr 2003 18:44:34

Aother option is PDCurses Library. It is available for DJGPP and X.

Andrew

>If you are interest in text mode GUI I would suggest S-Lang. This is a
>text GUI library for both DOS and Linux.

>One of the good things about posting questions that relate to DOS and
>Windows in the Linux groups is that, usually, we are not new comers to the
>world of IT. There is a good chance that someone here has been around long
>enough to know more than one operating system. However, DOS questions take
>bandwidth from our "exclusive" group. So, please try to ask the questions
>as if you were looking for LINUX stuff.

>Have a good one, and if you are having more the one... have one for me! On

>>> Is the graphics.h header available in DOS, available in Linux as well?

>> No.

>>> Do we have a nucrses.h for DOS?
>>> Can curses based applications be run on DOS?

>> You'll need to ask those questions in a DOS newsgroup.

>> Erik

graphics.h in Linux? ncurses on DOS/WINDOWS?

Post by Pratik Parik » Tue, 01 Apr 2003 20:11:53

Quote:> Another option is PDCurses Library. It is available for DJGPP and X.

> Andrew

Would the PDCurses Library enable an ncurses program to run without making
any changes in the code?

Is it possible to run a ncurses based app written for Linux/UNIX on a
different operting system?
To what extent are ncurses based programs, portable?

Thanks everyone,
Pratik.

1. Ins key in ncurses applications?

I have compiled MouseLess Commander for Linux.
It should mark (tag) the selected file when I press Ins key but it doesnt.
C-t works ok

It uses ncurses' KEY_IC but when I press Ins key the only thing
I get is something like  ]]2~  in the command line

I dont know if its a problem of my terminfo database or my
ncurses package (1.8.5)

I have also tested KEY_IL, KEY_EIC and many others
KEY_DC has no problem but ncurses doesnt seem to know I have an Ins key

BTW, emacs recognizes Ins key as insertkey

Has anybody been successful using Ins key in ncurses applications?

thanks in advance

Jose Manuel

2. SCSI Devices (ghosts)

3. Windows media Player plug-ins

4. Recover Data?

6. Two monitors??

7. VGA Graphics Programming Under Linux Not DOS

8. where to find defrag program for linux

9. ncurses graphic char & color support

10. How To Import HTML & graphics into Linux from dos/Windoze?

11. Graphics problems with ncurses 1.9.4

12. ncurses graphic char. & color support

13. ncurses graphic character & color support