how to send message to all users?

Post by Marshall Gigue » Wed, 28 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>   Can anyone tell me how I, as root, can send a message to the screens of all
>   users?

cat|wall

-Marsh

1. proftpd 1.2.0rc3 -> send message to connected user ???

hi there,

i'm running proftpd 1.2.0rc3 (standalone). everything is working fine,
i just wonder if it's possible sending a message like "please
disconnect after you finished your current download" to currently
connected users. the message should appear somehow in the user's ftp
client; i know that works with most win32 ftp servers.

can somebody help me?

handclap.

2. rename

3. How do I send message to all users logged on?

4. Anyone compile Xpaint for Linux/ELF

5. Sending messages to Mac users logged in via netatalk/afpd?

6. nfs slow init

7. Sending message to all users?

8. Emulators?????

9. send message to all users as option to the shutdown command

10. Error message when try to send mail (buildadd : no user)

11. How to send message to screen of one user (instead of wall)

12. proftpd - sending a message to a logged ftp-user?

13. Sending user-defined messages with gdk