Help : ODBC Drivers and sample code for MS SQL Server 6+ on NT

Help : ODBC Drivers and sample code for MS SQL Server 6+ on NT

Post by Anjan » Tue, 29 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

        I am a newbie on Linux. We're using RH5.1 to access
MS SQL Server 6.5+ on Win NT 4.
a) Where are the ODBC drivers available ?
b) Where can I find sample source which uses ODBC ?

Thanks a lot.

Kind Regards,
ANJAN. B

Help : ODBC Drivers and sample code for MS SQL Server 6+ on NT

Post by Walter Rawdani » Thu, 01 Oct 1998 04:00:00

You are using or _planning_ to use ??
I am also looking for ways to connect to MS SQL server from linux box. I
heard something about old sybase
library that supposedly was able to provide just that but I don;t know any
specifics ( since MS SQL in past life used to be Sybase
then it is quite possible that this library exists )

Walter

Quote:> Hi,

>    I am a newbie on Linux. We're using RH5.1 to access
> MS SQL Server 6.5+ on Win NT 4.
> a) Where are the ODBC drivers available ?
> b) Where can I find sample source which uses ODBC ?

> Thanks a lot.

> Kind Regards,
> ANJAN. B

Help : ODBC Drivers and sample code for MS SQL Server 6+ on NT

Post by Ross Crawfor » Fri, 02 Oct 1998 04:00:00

OpenLink software www.openlinksw.com has lots of ODBC stuff for various
clients & servers. I haven't checked if they've got linux, but they're
commercial, so maybe not. But they do have eval versions limited to 2 users,
10 db connections.

May be worth a look.

Regards,

ROSCO

>You are using or _planning_ to use ??
>I am also looking for ways to connect to MS SQL server from linux box. I
>heard something about old sybase
>library that supposedly was able to provide just that but I don;t know any
>specifics ( since MS SQL in past life used to be Sybase
>then it is quite possible that this library exists )

>Walter

>> Hi,

>> I am a newbie on Linux. We're using RH5.1 to access
>> MS SQL Server 6.5+ on Win NT 4.
>> a) Where are the ODBC drivers available ?
>> b) Where can I find sample source which uses ODBC ?

>> Thanks a lot.

>> Kind Regards,
>> ANJAN. B

Help : ODBC Drivers and sample code for MS SQL Server 6+ on NT

Post by Wim Ten Ha » Fri, 02 Oct 1998 04:00:00

[Posted and mailed]

Quote:> You are using or _planning_ to use ??
> I am also looking for ways to connect to MS SQL server from linux box. I
> heard something about old sybase
> library that supposedly was able to provide just that but I don;t know any
> specifics ( since MS SQL in past life used to be Sybase
> then it is quite possible that this library exists )

   You may like to take a look at:

        <htt://www.sybase.com/adaptiveserver/linux>

-- Wim ten Have.