skipping a packet in libpcap

Post by <linux.. » Fri, 30 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hello!

I am developing network status monitoring program using libpcap.

Most network probe reads all the packets at a given time.
I am making a tool which reads a packet once every 10 times.

So that the data which will be analyzed further can be made small
and the overall(not exact) network status can be analyzed faster.

libpcap always reads all the packet.

Is there any function which drops and skip to the next packet?
How can I implement this feature?

I will be much pleased if you help me or give me even a small hint.

Thank you very much.....

1. skipping a packet in libpcap

Hello!

I am developing network status monitoring program using libpcap.

Most network probe reads all the packets at a given time.
I am making a tool which reads a packet once every 10 times.

So that the data which will be analyzed further can be made small
and the overall network status can be analyzed faster.

libpcap always reads all the packet.

Is there any function which drops a packet and skip to the next packet?
How can I implement this feature?

I will be much pleased if you help me or give me even a small hint.

Thank you very much.....

2. Compile on 4.2.1 run on 4.1.5

3. non-blocking packet pacture (libpcap)

4. Is routed broken pre2.0.8?

5. netfilter, libpcap and packet processing

6. 2.4.19 - bug in page_alloc.c?

7. Should I install BSD packet filter to using the libpcap library?

8. Phatlinux /Red Hat (newbie questions)

9. sending packet is not working - Building firewall/proxyserver using libpcap

10. DLPI interface, libpcap, packet filtering

11. unaligned libpcap packets???

12. libpcap packet capture in kernel space or usermod in linux??