version.h?

Post by Yapeng W » Wed, 10 Jul 1996 04:00:00

When I compiled a program for linux, it appears such errors:
/usr/include/bytesex.h:6: linux/version.h: No such file or directory

I can not find /usr/include/linux/version.h file either, I am using linux
kernel 1.2.13

could anyone kid of helping me? or give me a copy of version.h?

thanks.

Yapeng Wu

version.h?

Post by Mirko Kraf » Thu, 11 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> When I compiled a program for linux, it appears such errors:
> /usr/include/bytesex.h:6: linux/version.h: No such file or directory

> I can not find /usr/include/linux/version.h file either, I am using linux
> kernel 1.2.13

> could anyone kid of helping me? or give me a copy of version.h?

> thanks.

> Yapeng Wu

Did you do a 'make mrproper' or something similar after compiling your
kernel? version.h is made up during 'make config' (I think) and gets
deleted by a total clean up. If you just do a 'make clean' after kernel
compilation, you should be on the safe side (I modified my 1.2.13
Makefile to have a new target goodclean which is something between clean
and mrproper, i.e. it will also delete depend files, but leave all of
the configuration files).

Mirko

   /    /                    Mirko Kraft

/___ / /  / /__/ /|  ... because you can't beat a champion !