Problem linking program using glide

Post by Jonas Wol » Sun, 07 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hi out there,

i wrote a little test program to get used to glide:

// glidetest.cpp
#include <glide/glide.h>
#include <stdio.h>

int main( )
{
  char ver[80];

  grGlideInit( );
  grGlideGetVersion( ver );

  return 0;

Quote:}

but when i try to compile and link it using
gcc -I /usr/include/glide glidetest.cpp
i get the following error messages:
/tmp/cc0mxVc0.o: In function `main':
/tmp/cc0mxVc0.o(.text+0x7): undefined reference to `grGlideInit'
/tmp/cc0mxVc0.o(.text+0x10): undefined reference to `grGlideGerVersion'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

i know, i need a library. i just have a libglide2x.so file.
then i just compiled my test program using
gcc -c -I /usr/include/glide/ glidetest.cpp
and then link it with
ld glidetest.o /usr/lib/libglide2x.so -Bdynamic -defsym _start=main
i get no error messages any more but when i try to execute the a.out
i get the message "no such file or directory".
what do i do wrong? please help!
thanks

Jonas

1. 3dfx glide support via linux glide port(s)

ok, i needed (well, wanted) glide support for my 3dfx banshee (creative
labs), so i installed the linux_glide port and it's dependencies.
However, when i execute test-glide, it does not work (installation went
fine, no errors.)  any help would be appreciated

# ./test-glide
test00:
Clear screen to blue
2.4b1
Resolution: 640x480
Press A Key To Begin Test.  *a-key*
_GlideInitEnviroment: glide2x.dll expected Voodoo Graphics, none
detected

this was done and duplicated multiple times under freebsd 3.2 (upgrade
to 3-stable via port) and X windows 3.3.5, KDE WM

~jtsage

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Mouse trouble

3. Need glide slope program (MC68HC11)

4. iptables interface

5. Using pty to link two comm programs on the same machine?

6. Performance of IP Msaq. on Linux (Internet sharing)

7. Problem in using elm to send the attached file using system() call in C program

8. RS-232 programming

9. Converting Dynamicly linked programs to statically linked...how?

10. Help needed on using logical link control (llc) to monitor network link.

11. network programing : How to program in 'logical link control (LLC)' level?

12. using xauth when using XFree Xserver and SLIP link?

13. glide problem with voodoo3