Clone Ignite Server (Administrator tool for Linux)

Clone Ignite Server (Administrator tool for Linux)

Post by Geoffroy Douce » Fri, 05 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I want to start a project which is similar to an Ignite Server from HP,
that is a tool to maintain the software on all workstation, do update
and fresh install remotely. I you such projects please contact me via
email..

--

Post by Bill Anderso » Sat, 06 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> I want to start a project which is similar to an Ignite Server from
> HP, that is a tool to maintain the software on all workstation, do
> update and fresh install remotely. I you such projects please contact
> me via email..

Try lookng into the PXE (Preboot eXexution Environment) stuff for
Intel/Linux. FWICS, it seems to provide a start in that direction.

--
Bill Anderson                                   Linux/Unix Administrator, Security Analyst

My opinions are just that; _my_ opinions.

Post by Geoffroy Douce » Sun, 07 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> > I want to start a project which is similar to an Ignite Server from
> > HP, that is a tool to maintain the software on all workstation, do
> > update and fresh install remotely. I you such projects please contact
> > me via email..

> Try lookng into the PXE (Preboot eXexution Environment) stuff for
> Intel/Linux. FWICS, it seems to provide a start in that direction.

Yes and there is also NILO. i seen that, thanks.

> --
> Bill Anderson                                   Linux/Unix Administrator, Security Analyst

> My opinions are just that; _my_ opinions.

--

1. Made a clone of Linux server and that clone is very ill....

There is sever with two identical disks. Let's call
them Disk_A and Disk_B. When Disk_A is connected
(only this one) to server everything is okey.
I have cloned Disk_A to identical Disk_B with
Norton Ghost, and then connected it to sever
exclusively. After restart I get Lilo error

"L 01 01 01 01".

Can you help me... I have searched Net, but
nothing have found... What should I do?

Leszek

2. How to restart networking without rebooting

3. problem while IGNITING HP server

4. Linux and XWindows

5. Hard Drive cloning tool in linux

6. Mtools-4.3 - access MS-DOS disks from Unix without mounting them

7. Igniting a Linux box

8. How to quote '~' in Zsh?

9. Captian's log administrator tool

10. Exchange Server clone for Linux??

11. A clone() based WWW server for Linux is here!

12. UNIX TOOLS FOR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR ARCHIVE IS NOW ON THE WEB!