Bad value collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Bad value collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Post by Soter » Thu, 11 Apr 2002 00:19:35

Hello,

I post this message as a hint for all the people complaining about
this error

Bad value collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

and never got any answer (you can see LOTS of 1-message threads). I
also had it, it comes alone, no other complaint about headers or TOC
or symbols or whatever. -Wall or anything show no errors at all, ld
just fails and that's it.

My situation was: I copied by mistake on that Linux machine a Solaris
library ld used later for linking... so I would still call that a
problem of the linker which was obviously unable to figure out its
about another platform binary file, or at least give an understandable
error message. So guys check all your libraries to see if they are
really what they are supposed to be.

Best regards,

1. what does "collect2: ld returned 1 exit status" mean?

im trying to compile this:

void* ServeClient( void* socket )

{

HttpServer Server;

Server.ServeRequest(socket);

return(0);

with httpserver.h included in the top of the file. I get the following
errors

/home/can/tmp/ccCmU16R.o: In function `ServeClient(void *)':
/home/can/tmp/ccCmU16R.o(.text+0x1d4): undefined reference to
`HttpServer::HttpServer(void)'
/home/can/tmp/ccCmU16R.o(.text+0x1eb): undefined reference to
`HttpServer::ServeRequest(void *)'
/home/can/tmp/ccCmU16R.o(.text+0x1ff): undefined reference to
`HttpServer::~HttpServer(void)'
/home/can/tmp/ccCmU16R.o(.text+0x21d): undefined reference to
`HttpServer::~HttpServer(void)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Can anyone decode it so I can understand?

2. Dang! no video capture support?!

3. can a script return a value other than exit status

4. RAD BE - vizual DB tool

5. bad nfs status return value: 116

6. Win2k & Linux simple LAN tutorial

7. Kernel Panic from Oliver Rettig

8. nfs_stat_to_errno: bad nfs status return value: 116

9. kernel: nfs_stat_to_errno: bad nfs status return value 116

10. bad nfs status return value

11. Installing binutils - Error 33 exit status from the linker, ld

12. Get error when install open server: exit value 1 status:256