904 articles

Post by James L » Fri, 13 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I would like to capture an X window as a .gif,
.jpg, .whatever file.  I know of a program called
xgrab, but I am not sure it will work with RedHat
version 5.0.

So, my question is, will xgrab work with RedHat 5.0?
If not, what are my options?

Many thanks,
James Lee

904 articles

Post by Daniel Robert Frankl » Sun, 15 Mar 1998 04:00:00

>I would like to capture an X window as a .gif,
>.jpg, .whatever file.  I know of a program called
>xgrab, but I am not sure it will work with RedHat
>version 5.0.
>So, my question is, will xgrab work with RedHat 5.0?
>If not, what are my options?

You can do that with XV. Click on the "grab" button. Then you can save it
as whatever. (sometimes it does funny things to the palette, at least
on 16 bit displays)

- Daniel
*       Daniel Franklin - 4th Year Electrical Engineering Student

904 articles

Post by John D. Sundbe » Sun, 15 Mar 1998 04:00:00

: I would like to capture an X window as a .gif,
: .jpg, .whatever file.  I know of a program called
: xgrab, but I am not sure it will work with RedHat
: version 5.0.

: So, my question is, will xgrab work with RedHat 5.0?
: If not, what are my options?

: Many thanks,
: James Lee

I use import - works with 24 bit.
Example:
    import -window root root.jpeg
PS - I use Redhat 4.1

-John

--
John D. Sundberg, Senior Analyst     Voice: 612-737-1305
3M Center, 224-3N-01                 FAX:   612-736-3125