3Com's Palm Pilot Linux interface?

Post by Lian She » Wed, 03 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hi, there,

is there any Linux interface for 3Com's PalmPilot? I have found only an
address-interface (called pi-address, version 0.2.2). I'd rather like to
have a similar interace as for Win95 (including TODO, ADDRESS,
CARLENDAR, MEMO etc.)

Thanks in advance!

lian

3Com's Palm Pilot Linux interface?

Post by David Rudd » Wed, 03 Jun 1998 04:00:00

There's a HOWTO on it, the Pilot-HOWTO.  It gives references to a
bunch of programs you can use with the Pilot.

Quote:>Hi, there,

>is there any Linux interface for 3Com's PalmPilot? I have found only an
>address-interface (called pi-address, version 0.2.2). I'd rather like to
>have a similar interace as for Win95 (including TODO, ADDRESS,
>CARLENDAR, MEMO etc.)

>Thanks in advance!

>lian

3Com's Palm Pilot Linux interface?

Post by Christoph Stop » Wed, 03 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi, there,

> is there any Linux interface for 3Com's PalmPilot? I have found only an
> address-interface (called pi-address, version 0.2.2). I'd rather like to
> have a similar interace as for Win95 (including TODO, ADDRESS,
> CARLENDAR, MEMO etc.)

There is a KDE application for the Palm Pilot:

http://www.slac.com/pilone/kpilot_home/mainpage.html

You need the kdelibs+kdesupport packages, if there's is no statically linked
binary available (which would be a kind of overkill if you don't use KDE
already).

--
Christoph Stoppe

It is unlawful to use this email address for unsolicited ads
(USC Title 47 Sec.227). I will assess a US$500 charge for
reviewing and deleting each unsolicited ad.

Post by dh4180 at bris dot ac dot u » Wed, 03 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> Hi, there,
> is there any Linux interface for 3Com's PalmPilot? I have found only an
> address-interface (called pi-address, version 0.2.2). I'd rather like to
> have a similar interace as for Win95 (including TODO, ADDRESS,
> CARLENDAR, MEMO etc.)

I don't have a Pilot, so haven't payed much attention, but there have
been several new releases of the KDE Pilot interface. The KDE homepage
is at <URL: http://www.kde.org>, and you'll probably find KPilot (I
think) in the download area under the contribs dir. It would require a
KDE libs install, but then, KDE is worth installing anyway IMHO.

Sorry I can't be more specific.

Cheers,
Hamish

Post by Christopher Brow » Thu, 04 Jun 1998 04:00:00

>is there any Linux interface for 3Com's PalmPilot? I have found only an
>address-interface (called pi-address, version 0.2.2). I'd rather like to
>have a similar interace as for Win95 (including TODO, ADDRESS,
>CARLENDAR, MEMO etc.)

Pilot-link is available; it provides interfaces to Perl, Python, and
Tcl.

Feel entirely free to use these tools write such a program with a
Win95-like interface.  Nothing is stopping you, and there are many to
encourage you to do so.

<ftp://ftp.graphics-muse.org/pub/XNotesPlus/> also provides support of
the Memo and Address systems; there is a KDE project program that may
provide some calendaring support.

It is unlikely that there will be a monolithic application quite like
the W95 one; Linux encourages the notion of having separate applications
that may (or may not) intercommunicate.

--
Microsoft: Where do you want to go today?     Linux: Been there, done that.

1. 3com Palm Pilot and Linux

Has anyone seen any software/whatever to get them to talk to each other
?
I understand that there is a 9pin serial cable connector but I haven't
seen
any development stuff as yet.

--
Cheers,
       Craig.

research associate       research vision group,
artificial intelligence, university of edinburgh, 5 forrest hill,
edinburgh

2. IDE vs. SCSI CD-writers

3. Palm Pilot interface for Linux?

4. CDE lockscreen failure

5. Gnome-Pilot Fails to Communicate with Palm Pilot

6. dosemu problem

7. Interfacing w/ Palm Pilot

8. dkimap4 spooling

9. developerWorks articles on Wearable Linux PC, Palm Pilot Linux and more

10. Linux and Palm Pilot

11. What is the status of Linux for the Palm Pilot?

12. Syncing Palm Pilot on Linux advice

13. Linux and Palm Pilot