Glade Programming, Handling system event sounds.

Glade Programming, Handling system event sounds.

Post by lvgan.. » Wed, 12 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I was developing a front end for an answering machine using glade. Every
thing works Ok. But when it comes to hearing i get msg device or source
busy. When i disabled event sounds from gnome control panel, sound in my
program starts working. How to get around. What are the alternatives?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Glade Programming, Handling system event sounds.

Post by Dave Wei » Wed, 12 Jan 2000 04:00:00

there is a program called esd that is opening the sound card. you can find
libesd-devel and use that library to play your sounds.

dave

Quote:> I was developing a front end for an answering machine using glade. Every

--
David Weis                | 10520 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50322

                          | http://www.veryComputer.com/
When they took the Fourth Amendment, I was quiet because I didn't deal *.
When they took the Fifth Amendment, I was quiet because I was innocent.
When they took the Second Amendment, I was quiet because I didn't own a gun.
Now they've taken the First Amendment and I can't say anything.

1. Glade Programming-Handling event sounds

I was developing a front end for an answering machine using glade. Every
thing works Ok. But when it comes to hearing i get msg device or source
busy. When i disabled event sounds from gnome control panel, sound in my
program starts working. How to get around. What are the alternatives?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. tcpdump strangeness

3. Joystick -->Create an event --> Handle this event

4. Press Release - Linux V1.2

5. kde system events sound

6. renaming lots of files

7. Glade, Glade-- and Gladecc

8. common SunOS/Linux filesystem?

9. Glade, Glade-- and Gnome

10. Making Modal Dialogs in GTK (manual event handling)

11. Problem with handling of synthetic X events

12. Time Events: How to handle multiple pending time events within a single thread on UNIX type systems?

13. c++ gui event handling - java-like